If your pet is experiencing an emergency during our normal business hours (Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri. 8am-5pm and Wed 8am-12pm) please call ahead to let us know you are on your way with your pet so we can prepare as much as possible.
If your pet experiences an emergency after our normal business hours, please contact BluePearl Pet Hospital by calling 706-733-7458. The emergency clinic is located at 410 Topgolf Way, Augusta, Georgia, 30907.
Be Alert to These Common Pet Emergencies:
- • Hit by a car or had any other major traumatic event
- • Difficulty breathing
- • Convulsions or seizures
- • Ingested poison or a toxic substance
- • Difficulty urinating
- • Uncontrolled bleeding
- • Persistent or severe vomiting or diarrhea
- • Lethargy or lack of appetite
- • Swollen or distended abdomen
Preparing For Your Pet’s Emergency Visit
- • If possible, call your before arriving, so we can begin to assess your pet’s condition, help you with directions and prepare our emergency team.
- • If you need help bringing your pet in from the car, let us know and we’ll be ready to assist you.
- • Bring your pet’s medical records, current medication or any historical information.
- • If your pet has eaten something potentially toxic, bring the substance labels and a sample with you if it is safe to do so.
- • Don’t give your pet any medication without first checking with your veterinarian. Many common human medications can be toxic to pets.
- • Be careful handling an injured pet. Even the gentlest pet could bite or scratch you when they’re hurt.
- • Use a carrier to transport your cat.
- • You may transport your dog using a heavy blanket as a stretcher.
What To Expect When You Arrive:
- • As soon as you arrive at our clinic with your pet, our team will perform triage to assess your pet’s condition.
- • To stabilize your pet, we may need to administer IV fluids, pain medications and oxygen therapy.
- • We will inform you every step of the way on your pet’s condition and treatment.